Net Zero Energy
Burlington's Net Zero Energy goal is to reduce and eventually eliminate fossil fuel usage in heating and ground transportation.
We will achieve this by reducing our total energy usage across electric, thermal and ground transportation while sourcing our entire energy supply for these sectors from renewables.
Transitioning away from carbon emitting fossil fuels has many environmental, social and economic benefits. For example, as we move away from fossil fuels and efficiently electrify our buildings and vehicles, we’ll reduce our city’s greenhouse emissions that lead to climate change, improve our air quality and public health, reduce congestion, and have safer and more comfortable homes and work spaces. Furthermore, by producing or securing more and more electricity closer to home, NZE will keep more dollars local, essentially growing the local economy and generating more local jobs.
Net Zero Energy News
Announcement: Net Zero Energy Roadmap and Many New Initiatives to Propel Next Phase of Burlington Climate ProgressRoadmap details a path to reach one of the most ambitious local climate goals in the country; Mayor urges all Burlingtonians to join the effort
Read More »
- Combine with Existing Rebates and Tax Credits Stack Up to Big Savings for…
- BED joins public power utilities nationwide that received designation.
- Marks 11th year since 2007 that Vermont has ranked in the top five nationally.
- Saturday, October 5, 2019 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Along with BED, Urging Other Vermont Companies To Join Pledge To Switch To…