Are you a problem-solver who wants to be a part of a dynamic and innovative team? Someone who likes to be hands-on? Interested in renewable energy and combating climate change? Join us at Burlington Electric Department (BED).
Our mission at BED is to serve the energy needs of our customers in a safe, reliable, affordable, and socially responsible manner. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and offer careers in a variety of fields with competitive salaries and generous benefits to support our employees. BED is proud to be:
- First city in the nation to source 100% of its electricity from renewable generation
- Working to make Burlington a Net Zero Energy city across the electric, thermal, and ground transportation sectors by 2030
- Vermont's largest municipal utility, serving approximately 21,000 customers
- Exclusive provider of electric service to the City of Burlington, an area of approximately 16 square miles, and the Burlington International Airport in South Burlington
- One of Vermont's three electric efficiency utilities, helping Burlington use 8.8% less electricity today than in 1989
- Operator and 50% owner of the biomass-powered, 50MW Joseph C. McNeil Generating Station in Burlington's Intervale
Current Job Openings
Wood Yard Operator
Closes April 5, 2021
Manages the Recycled Wood Yard at the McNeil Generating Station, including overseeing materials delivered by haulers and the general public. Responsibilities also include the operation and routine maintenance of front end loaders and fuel handling equipment. This individual will be assigned to unload woodchips from railcars and fill-in for McNeil Station yardworkers.