Special Rebates for Burlington
Contact the BED Energy Services team at (802) 865-7300 or e-mail us for more information about rebates and other ways to save.
Table of Contents
BED partners with Efficiency Vermont for the provision of incentives for energy efficient products and appliances, as well as providing incentives directly for some products. The payment of these incentives is performed through rebates and are administered in several ways. Traditional Rebate forms are still utilized for some products, but many incentives have been moved to "midstream," where the incentive is provided to the retailer or distributor, and then passed through to the consumer at the time of sale. Midstream Rebates reduce program costs because they provide bulk payments to a few retailers and distributors, rather than individual payments of incentives to consumers. Additionally, providing the incentives directly to the retailers and distributors can greatly increase the number of efficient products that they stock, display, advertise and sell, benefiting all consumers.
See below for additional Green Stimulus rebates for some appliances.
Important: ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2021 products are of a higher efficiency standard than regular ENERGY STAR qualified products. Please be sure that the product you are buying is listed as "Most Efficient."
- Air to Water Heat Pumps – up to $5,500 cash back
- Central Wood Pellet Furnaces & Boilers – $6,000
- Centrally Ducted Heat Pumps – up to $8,750 cash back
- Clothes Dryers – up to $400 cash back
- Plus a $100 Green Stimulus Bonus Rebate for ENERGY STAR Most Efficient certified* dryers with hybrid heat pump technology.
- Plus a $200 Green Stimulus Bonus Rebate for ENERGY STAR Most Efficient certified* dryers with full heat pump technology.
- Clothes Washers – $150 Green Stimulus Rebate for ENERGY STAR Most Efficient certified models.
- Dehumidifiers – up to $40 cash back
- Plus a $15 Green Stimulus Bonus Rebate for select ENERGY STAR certified models*
- Plus a $25 Green Stimulus Bonus Rebate for select ENERGY STAR Most Efficient certified models*
- Electric Lawn Mower – the lesser of $100 or 50% of the purchase price
- Heat Pump Heating & Cooling System – up to $3,350 cash back.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters purchased at retail – up to $800 cash back.
- Heat Pump Water Heater – for VGS customers only, cannot be combined with the rebate above; up to $800 cash back
- Induction Cooktop or Range – up to $150 cash back
- Refrigerators – $100 Green Stimulus Rebate for ENERGY STAR Most Efficient models
- Window Air Conditioners – $200 cash back
- Plus $100 Green Stimulus Bonus Rebate for ENERGY STAR Most Efficient models*
- Ventilation System – $110 cash back for qualifying exhaust only systems in single family, and multifamily owner occupied homes
- Plus a $50.00 Green Stimulus Bonus Rebate for select ENERGY STAR certified models*
- Fans must be equipped with one of the following control systems:
- Intermittently operated fans must have a 24-hour programmable timer.
- Continuously operated fans must have an on/off switch located in the fan or in a remote location
* Bonus Green Stimulus rebates will automatically be included in your rebate check. The Green Stimulus rebates are available until the end of 2020 and on a first-come-first served basis for installed projects.
Appliance Rebates for Residential Rental Properties
- Refrigerators – up to $250 cash back.
- $100.00 Green Stimulus Bonus Rebate for units meeting the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tier 1 specifications.
- $175.00 Green Stimulus Bonus Rebate for units meeting the CEE Tier 2 or 3 or ENERGY STAR Most Efficient specifications.
- Please view Qualified Products List for eligible units
- Refrigerator rebates are available for replacement refrigerators only
- Receipt showing proper disposal of existing unit is required. The model number of old refrigerators is typically printed on a metal plate or foil sticker inside the refrigerator.
- Ventilation System – $110 cash back for qualifying exhaust only systems
- Plus a $50.00 Green Stimulus Bonus Rebate* for select ENERGY STAR certified models. Bonus Green Stimulus rebates will automatically be included in your rebate check. The Green Stimulus rebates are available until the end of 2020 and on a first-come-first served basis for installed projects.
- Electric Vehicles – up to $6,800 cash back**
- Electric Bicycle – $200 off at time of purchase at Burlington bike retail shops
- High-Performance Circulator Pumps – up to $600 off at time of purchase.
- Heat Pump Heating & Cooling System – up to an additional $650 off
- Heat Pump Water Heaters purchased at HVAC Distributor – up to $800 cash back
- LED ENERGY STAR Downlights – starting at $2.95 at select retailers
- LED ENERGY STAR Fixtures – starting at $2.95 at select retailers
- LED Four-Pin Base Replacement Lamps for CFLs – up to $3.00 off at time of purchase
- LED Mogul Screw-Base Replacements for HID Lamps – up to $100 off at time of purchase
- LED Troffer Fixtures – $30 off at time of purchase
- LEDs for Indoor Growing – up to $100 per fixture
- Pellet Stoves – up to $700 off at time of purchase Rebate and Product Information
- Wood Stoves – up to $750 off at time of purchase
Qualifying HRV/ERV systems. (Balanced ventilation with heat or energy recovery)
Above code envelope improvements in conjunction with either partial or full electrification of a home’s heating system
* Effective until 12/31/2020
**Burlington Electric also offers a special Electric Vehicle Charging Rate, equivalent to gasoline priced at $0.60 per gallon
Terms and Conditions
- Unit must be listed on the Efficiency Vermont qualified products list at the time of purchase.
- Purchase must be made on or after June 1, 2020.
- This rebate is only for BED residential customers with active accounts.
- BED reserves the right to modify or end this offer at any time.
- This offer is valid through December 31, 2020.
- Product(s) must be new (not used/refurbished).
- Payment will not exceed the purchase price, and excludes all other costs including shipping, sales tax, or disposal/recycling expenses.
- Include a copy of your invoice(s) as proof of purchase.
- A W9 is required if rebate is being paid to a business.