Switching to an electric forklift can significantly reduce your greenhouse gas emissions. Since Burlington runs on 100% renewably-sourced energy, there is an environmental benefit to an electric forklift without any impact to your operation.
Burlington Electric Department wants to help you make the switch. Lithium-ion battery-powered forklifts are eligible for a $6,500 rebate. Lead-acid battery-powered forklifts can get $4,000 back.
Terms & Conditions
- Must be replacing a retiring existing fossil fuel forklift or be the customer's first electric forklift.
- Forklift must have at least a 3,000 lb capacity.
- Rebate is $6,500 for lithium-ion battery-powered forklift and $4,000 for lead-acid battery-powered forklift.
- Only valid on purchases of new electric forklifts.
- Purchase must be made on or after September 9, 2019.
- Purchase must be made in Vermont.
- This rebate is only for BED customers with active accounts.
- Limit one rebate per account.
- BED reserves the right to modify or end this offer at any time.
- This offer is valid through December 31, 2019
Additional Rebate Available
Burlington Electric Department customers who qualify for the up to $6,500 commercial electric forklift incentive may also be eligible for an additional $2,000 manufacturer’s rebate from Northern Toyotalift at the time of purchase.
If you represent a company that offers an additional incentive for commercial forklifts, please contact us.