Waste Wood Yard
111 Intervale Road, Burlington, VT 05401 | (802) 864-7446
The Waste Wood Yard at McNeil Generating Station will be open again for limited hours by appointment only starting Thursday, April 23, 2020.
To keep everybody safe and healthy, the following rules that incorporate State of Vermont guidelines must be followed.
- Drop offs are by appointment only. Click button below to make an appointment.
- Without an appointment, we will not be able to admit you.
- We are booking in 15-minute slots from 8am-4pm Monday-Friday.
- Appointments begin every 5 minutes and you will have 15 minutes to complete your drop off.
- Please do your best to arrive as close as possible to your appointment time.
- Large trucks with pallets should make two consecutive appointments, totaling 30 minutes. (e.g. 10:00 and 10:15, or 10:05 and 10:20, or 10:10 and 10:25, etc.)
- We are now accepting yard waste including leaves. Again, by appointment only.
- You must make your appointment at least one day in advance.
- No more than 2 people per vehicle.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come. Reschedule your appointment.
- Please wear a mask or non-medical face covering for your visit to the yard.
Thank you for working with us to keep everybody safe and healthy.
We no longer accept commercial landscapers' loads of yard waste at the McNeil Station waste wood yard. All commercial landscapers must deliver directly to Green Mountain Compost at 1042 Redmond Road in Williston. We will still accept wood debris from commercial landscapers, but not yard waste.
The wood that is dropped off there is generated into electricity at the McNeil Generating Station.
The yard accepts clean waste wood at no charge, including wood that has never been painted, stained, treated or glued; brush, tree trimmings, trunks and limbs up to six feet long and two feet in diameter; stumps up to two feet in diameter that are free of dirt and stones. Pressure-treated wood, plywood and particle board are not accepted, nor are cable spools unless completely disassembled and all hardware removed. Nails, screws, and staples in wood are accepted, but not spikes, hinges, straps or heavy metal appendages of any sort.
The Waste Wood Yagrd does not accept compostable items (food scraps). Household food waste must go to the composting facility on Redmond Road.