Waste Wood Yard
111 Intervale Road, Burlington, VT 05401 | (802) 864-7446
Current hours for the Waste Wood Yard at McNeil Generating Station are:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8am-12pm
- Saturday: 8am-4pm
Appointments are once again required for drop-offs beginning Tuesday, November 24, 2020, due to the recent rise in COVID-19 cases in Chittenden County and beyond. The following safety rules that incorporate State of Vermont guidelines must be followed:
- Drop-offs are by appointment only. Click button below to make an appointment.
- Without an appointment, we will not be able to admit you.
- We are booking in 15-minute slots.
- Appointments begin every 5 minutes and you will have 15 minutes to complete your drop-off.
- Please do your best to arrive as close as possible to your appointment time.
- Large trucks with pallets should make two consecutive appointments, totaling 30 minutes. (e.g. 10:00 and 10:15, or 10:05 and 10:20, or 10:10 and 10:25, etc.)
- We are now accepting yard waste including leaves. Again, by appointment only.
- You must make your appointment at least one day in advance.
- No more than 2 people per vehicle.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come. Reschedule your appointment.
- Please wear a mask or non-medical face covering for your visit to the yard.
Thank you for working with us to keep everybody safe and healthy.
What We Accept at the Waste Wood Yard
The yard accepts clean waste wood at no charge, including wood that has never been painted, stained, treated or glued; brush, tree trimmings, trunks and limbs up to six feet long and two feet in diameter; stumps up to two feet in diameter that are free of dirt and stones. Pressure-treated wood, plywood and particle board are not accepted, nor are cable spools unless completely disassembled and all hardware removed. Nails, screws, and staples in wood are accepted, but not spikes, hinges, straps or heavy metal appendages of any sort.
- We accept yard waste, including leaves, from individual residents.
- We accept wood debris from commercial landscapers, but not yard waste.
- All commercial landscapers must deliver loads of yard waste – leaves and trimmings – directly to Green Mountain Compost at 1042 Redmond Road in Williston. No wood waste of any kind is accepted at GMC.
- Commercial landscapers with mixed loads of leaves and woody debris must go to the CSWD Drop-Off Center at 1492 Redmond Road in Williston.
- The Waste Wood Yard does not accept food scraps.
The wood that is dropped off at the McNeil Generating Station is generated into electricity.